Setting the Preset Focus Point Z9

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
pxlwz Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: Still not working

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

Or I'm misunderstanding how to use multiple buttons to set, then recall.

I think you are describing the custom controls Save Focus Point and Recall Focus Point.

First, that option only applies to Z-mount lenses, and I'm trying to set up an F-mount lens on the FTZ ii adapter.

Second, I'm actually not using Save Focus Point, I'm using Preset Focus Point (above Save Focus Point on the menu). I still cannot figure out how to save a preset to recall with this function. I just mounted a 24-70s lens, and still cannot figure out this option.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Tried the Z9/35mm f1.8 Z lens, moved the focus point to the left edge. Pressed the Focus mode button first (front left of camera body), then while holding it also pressed and held the fn3 button set to "Preset Focus Point" for a couple of seconds until the focus point flashed red.

Then reset the focus point to the center, pressed fn3 and the focus point went right back to the left edge, where I stored it.

Also worked with the Z 24-70 2.8S lens.

Also worked with the FTZII and F 105/f1.4.

Also worked with the FTZII and Sigma 120-300 f2.8 Sport

Just to make sure, I turned the camera off, removed and reattached the 24-70S, and it was still as I programmed it.

Markus

pxlwz's gear list:pxlwz's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z9 Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow