Any new affordable APS-C DSLRs on the horizon?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Souciantmag
Souciantmag Contributing Member • Posts: 541
Re: Any new affordable APS-C DSLRs on the horizon?

kypfer wrote:

Pentax have declared their ongoing commitment to the DSLR concept, complete with optical viewfinder, so I feel there's very little chance of any dreams of a mirrorless body with EVF and full-function adaptor to support K-mount lenses ever becoming a reality

As I've written here before, when it comes to cameras, Ricoh has put more effort into its own compact cameras - the GR series and the Theta - and continues to produce new iterations of its rebranded Pentax waterproof compacts.

It surely has its reasons, and clearly has not gotten out of the camera business. But regardless of its commitment to DSLRs, Pentax, as a brand, is just not a priority for cameras. There've been more new Pentax lenses in recent years than new bodies.

I think the GR and Theta are great, for what they're intended, and am glad Ricoh is behind them. But, the way things are going, my KP will likely be my last Pentax body. I love my K-mount lenses, so I'm biased towards the brand, and I still shoot an ME.

However, I just sprang for a K-to-Fuji X adapter and got really good results, so there is that. Otherwise, until K-1IIs show up on eBay for 500 bucks, I'm not forking out for any more Pentax bodies. I'd like to be surprised, but Ricoh is so far discouraging.

Souciantmag's gear list:Souciantmag's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow