R7 and Beyond - From 90D and 7D Mk II

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Myer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,337
R7 and Beyond - From 90D and 7D Mk II

At the start of 2020 I bought a new 90D to replace my 70D that was starting to give me trouble.

The second reason for buying the 90D was that I figured there would not be a new model DSLR after the 90D in that string of models and I didn't have confidence that a first model of anything would please me.

The third reason I purchased the 90D was that I felt that even if Canon came out with the R7 they wouldn't get it right the first time and I was really hoping for a 7D Mark III.

I shoot a fair amount of action; birds in flight, motocross, kite boarding, horse racing, horse jumping, etc.

Well, it didn't take me long to realize the 90D was no 7D Mark II upgrade (or a replacement for a 7D Mark III). The AF was not going to cut if for birds in flight.

But the 7D Mark II is an old camera with an old sensor and it is quite heavy for somebody who is getting older.

At the start of 2021 I bought a new 7D Mark II. I bought it new because I felt I would probably have to wait for the R7 Mark II if there ever was an R7.

I've been very happy with the results when using the 7D Mark II. The 90D also gets a fair amount of use; travel, general, dance and theater (which are indoors and dimly lit).

I have three Canon lenses; 15-85 (my walk around lens), 70-300L (I didn't want to buy the 100-400 Mk I) ( love the 70-300L) and a 100-400L Mk II.

Each is used for specific types of photography.

After that long preamble the question is:

Was I correct in assuming I wouldn't want my 7D Mark II replaced prior to a release of the R7 Mark II, what features are assumed will be added to the R7, what issues should/will be resolved from the R7 to the R7 Mark II and when does anybody think that would happen?

Whew!!

Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow