Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
surfoxy
surfoxy Contributing Member • Posts: 837
Re: Suspended time

BratPix wrote:

surfoxy wrote:

BratPix wrote:

surfoxy wrote:

Wonderful image! Great story, emotion, faces.

There's something about the aspect ratio here that's bugging me. I wonder if a 4:3 crop eliminating the target and really highlighting the wonderful reaction of the crowd would be more impactful. I don't need to know where she's aiming, maybe even better that it's ambiguous given the great facial expressions in the crowd, particularly the bald man at center. There's tension, apprehension, etc. I'd zoom in on that.

Overall great stuff! What you have here is really different than most images and quite wonderful.

How about this:

I like the mystery added.

I mean...I really like it. I would crop even a good bit tighter. Do you like it?

It is quite possible that I cropped it a bit tighter while you were writing your reply. Did a gentleman on the left disapear between now and then?

Not that I noticed. I was thinking more eliminate the dead space at top right and focus more in on the faces, but I'm over-critiquing this. Great shot!

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow