Zuiko 300mm f4 + MC-20 quality

Started Jul 26, 2022 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TomPerys
TomPerys Junior Member • Posts: 33
Zuiko 300mm f4 + MC-20 quality

Hi, I may have a stupid question, but I went to try the MC-20 teleconverter, I tried it elsewhere before (in the garden) and everything seemed to be fine. However, during my test at one pond, I managed (although not from exactly the same place, but on the same branch of a tree) to take a picture of a kingfisher without a teleconverter and with a teleconverter (in the space of about an hour between the first and second shooting, i.e. shooting without and with a teleconverter).

I used OM-1, bird detection (All Focus Points), and shutter priority with 1/800 and 1/640 s. ISO was 1000 vs 1600. But the bird in 100% preview seems not sharp - or in weird quality in both cases. Details are messy / gone. Could it be something like moisture in the air or if there was also too hot (like about 30 degrees) that the atmospheric conditions caused this mess? Or am I missing something and the fault lies somewhere with me?

TomPerys's gear list:TomPerys's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow