Tamron 28-75 G2 vs Sigma 24 -70

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
stativ Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Tamron 28-75 G2 vs Sigma 24 -70

I we read and watched many reviews before going to buy standard zoom. I was considering pretty much all options available at that time, which were Sigma 24-70, Sony 24-70 GM, Sigma 28-70 and Tamron 28-75 G2.

It turns out, each lens has some strengths and weaknesses. Some of the differences may be attributed to a specific unit (ie. someone may have gotten exceptionally good Sigma and exceptionally bad Tamron).

According to the reviews, Sigma 24-70 has exceptionally low amount of CA, OTOH Tamron was worst regarding CA.

Regarding sharpness, all of these lenses are exceptionally sharp, some having edge on short end, some on long end, some have better center, some better corners.

In the end, I decided to buy the Tamron especially because of it's small size and weight and I'm really happy with the lens. The only thing that I wish was better was the flare resistance.

-- hide signature --

My Instagram profile (mostly landscapes): https://www.instagram.com/l.jirkovsky/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow