Looking for help: which Yashica Electro 35 is this?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Vinc1973 New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Looking for help: which Yashica Electro 35 is this?

marc petzold wrote:

It's the 1st gen, just called "Yashica Electro 35". After that, it was the GS/GT, and finally the GSN/GTN. The difference in name is the color, GT/GTN was all black, and the other silver edition. There was also a "PROFESSIONAL" black one from the 1st edition, like your Electro 35, but all black. And marketing versions, like pure gold colored ones.

I have the black Electro 35 GT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yashica_Electro_35

I've been shooting Yashica since 1989, after my Pentax MX into 1987, which was never that, what i had imagined as 1st SLR. Perhaps, the only lens was the 50/1.7 SMC. With Yashica, i had more lenses.

Hello Marc,

Yes, I agree with you: it is most likely a first gen Electro. It doen't even have the "G" mark close to the Yashica logo that characterise the GS, GT and later series.

My curiosity was about the 1000-ASA limit. It seems that the non-G Electro was limited to 400 ASA, and even the first models of the G series were only up to 500.

Maybe a repair or a late revision of the first generation.

Thank you!

Vinc1973's gear list:Vinc1973's gear list
Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow