Looking for help: which Yashica Electro 35 is this?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
marc petzold
marc petzold Senior Member • Posts: 1,787
Re: Looking for help: which Yashica Electro 35 is this?

Vinc1973 wrote:

Hello,

I've recently got hold of an old Yashica Electro 35, which, after some cleaning, seems to work fine.

I could not identify the model or version. It has the tab at the bottom to release the film door, entirely metallic film-advance lever, and no "color" indication on the lens, which suggest an old, non "G" model.

But it also has a film speed dial going up to 1000 ASA, which instead was not present on older models (going up to 400 or 500 ASA).

Some pictures below.

Does anybody know which model is this? Any help will be really appreciated.

Vincenzo

It's the 1st gen, just called "Yashica Electro 35". After that, it was the GS/GT, and finally the GSN/GTN. The difference in name is the color, GT/GTN was all black, and the other silver edition. There was also a "PROFESSIONAL" black one from the 1st edition, like your Electro 35, but all black. And marketing versions, like pure gold colored ones.

I have the black Electro 35 GT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yashica_Electro_35

I've been shooting Yashica since 1989, after my Pentax MX into 1987, which was never that, what i had imagined as 1st SLR. Perhaps, the only lens was the 50/1.7 SMC. With Yashica, i had more lenses.

-- hide signature --

"The Best Camera is the One That's with You" ~ Chase Jarvis

marc petzold's gear list:marc petzold's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a7 +57 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow