M10-P for US$5k or M11 for $6900-7500? New to Leica/RF.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
archnemeswiss New Member • Posts: 16
M10-P for US$5k or M11 for $6900-7500? New to Leica/RF.

I'm new to the Leica M system. M11s on various forums/FB groups are going for between $6900-7200 after negotiating, and certain European/UK/Asian retailers end up around $7400-7500 for a brand new M11 shipped to the US. I'm also in conversation with a seller who has an M10-P with 5500 actuations and a thumb grip and extra battery for $5k. Either way I plan to buy 3 Voigtlander lenses: 28 Ultron II, 35 Ultron II, and Nokton 50 1.5 before deciding which focal lengths I want to invest more in potentially with a 35 or 50 APO, 35 Lux FLE, etc down the road.

High ISO performance is a priority for me as I'm out at night a lot. I don't print big, but I am blown away by the image quality I'm seeing from the M11. I also really like a lot of the nice to haves on the M11-- USB-C, triple resolution, sensor-based metering, better menus, etc.

Which would you guys go for with these considerations?

The M10-P would absolutely preserve more $ for lenses down the road, but as a new M user who isn't 100% sure the system is going to be my one and only, I'm also reluctant to buy something several generations behind knowing that the M11 seems really extraordinary. As a new M user what would you guys do? I haven't been considering the M10-R but maybe I should? Would be grateful for advice.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow