What will it take Nikon Z9 to get into the approved cameras list of NETFLIX?

Started Jul 13, 2022 | Questions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 28,969
Re: One can still take a black balance if needed using the Z9

ajm057 wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ajm057 wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ajm057 wrote:

This is different to Pixel Mapping and there is no automatic black balance integration in the Z9.

What you describe is basically the same as pixel mapping. Have been doing it with all my cameras which had that feature when it was needed.

Since I clearly stated this is different to Pixel Mapping and there is no automatic black balance integration

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter, because apparently, it is a requirement the Z9 does not fulfil. That was my point from the start also. It doesn't really matter to me if it is accepted or not by Netflix, there are others on this thread who thinks Netflix is doing it wrong. I say that those who decides for Netflix knows better, and they don't create those requirements out of the blue, and the reason for those requirements isn't "how can we exclude Nikon" but are based on functionality and needs, technical, as well as ergonomics. The Z9, or any other Nikon camera is simply not enough, no matter how some Nikon fans wants it to be. In fact, that is the case with all the Canon and Sony still image cameras also.

The point #olyflyer of the Op for this thread is trying to make is in order to secure commissions from Netflix the OP is simply enquiring if a Z9 could qualify. In most regards it appears to BUT in in my view in 2 it may not without a firmware update that enables the relevant in camera features. You stated that you considered Pixel Mapping and Black Balance to be the same.
My question of you was quite specific. So let us try just one more time -- WHY do you consider PIxel Mapping (which is in camera and designed to address hot pixels) to be the same as Black Balance Integration (as implemented on a CINE camera) -- you appear to, but were dismissive in your response AS you were in this one.
DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW? IF so please share your knowledge with the community.

Look, I don't know what your problem is, but maybe a chill pill or a cold shower could solve that.

I did say that I don't know what it is and also that it is not something that it's very important to me, so I won't deep dive into it. It sounded like it was the same to me, but if not then so be it.

Now you can move on.

olyflyer's gear list:olyflyer's gear list
Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow