What will it take Nikon Z9 to get into the approved cameras list of NETFLIX?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
skmadapatu
OP skmadapatu Regular Member • Posts: 318
Re: Thinking a little outside the box

jjz2 wrote:

Hendrik_nl wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

Hendrik_nl wrote:

NickZ2016 wrote:

One of the problems with the Z9 is the shape. You can't look at something tiny like the Z6 and think about bolting something on.

Also the Z9 battery is already too small.

They could do what Panasonic did and take the guts of either the Z6 or Z9 and put it into a cube body but you don't start with a Z6 style body and bolt on bits.

Maybe it’s my ignorance, but why is a cube shaped form better?

… and, why is the Z9 battery too small? For what?

Take a look at the Canon C300 which takes Canon EF lenses.

You will see that there are literally dozens of controls instantly available. No menu hunting. It's all on the body.

It also supports a LOT of external devices so that you aren't locked into on position when shooting.

The battery is 6200mah, roughly twice the Z9.

The battery of the Z9 lasts a whole day (if not more) and is replaced within 5 seconds. But, yes, it would be cool if it lasts even longer.

Ah yes, I see all those fancy buttons and connectors. I'm not pro enough to miss them yet, I guess? I have much to learn.

jjz2 wrote:

Hendrik_nl wrote:

NickZ2016 wrote:

One of the problems with the Z9 is the shape. You can't look at something tiny like the Z6 and think about bolting something on.

Also the Z9 battery is already too small.

They could do what Panasonic did and take the guts of either the Z6 or Z9 and put it into a cube body but you don't start with a Z6 style body and bolt on bits.

Maybe it’s my ignorance, but why is a cube shaped form better?

… and, why is the Z9 battery too small? For what?

Because it gets out of the way and easier to attach to a rig than a different shape.

Look at an ARRI Alexa or RED rig/cage mount setup.

The shape. Feels important indeed. To make it into a cube I could just get some wood planks and make a box around it? But, maybe I'm missing the point.

I talked to a real professional not long ago and he told me he wanted to buy a pro camera (ARRI or RED), because it looked more pro and clients would love to see his pro-setup. I think expecting the results would me more pro also? He was now shooting with a semi-pro camera, so I guess he wasn't a pro after all?

I really wonder if a better or more suitable camera makes your content so much better? (I'm sure it doesn't). I know that my still photography is still as bad on my Z9 as it was on my D800 and D200, but I understand the longing for the big boys.

It's so you can attach the rig cage to it, which adds on other attachments.

An example.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1202467-REG/tilta_esr_t06_a_ab_arri_alexa_mini.html

Any film crew doing this kind of work is going to be putting it on sliders or dollies and monitoring it from an external monitor. They need to be able to swap in and out quickly for diff shots as well.

Certain cameras outputs are easier to grade as well once it enters the post production phase.

Nobody I know from school, friends in the industry, or production teams at work talks about Nikon. So it would need a large marketing campaign to get going.

Even if it is not as amazing as those caged DinosaursđŸ˜‰

Tilta Pro Full Camera Cage Kit for Nikon Z9, Black TA-T31-B-B (adorama.com)

-- hide signature --

Camera Specialization: Nikon Z9, Sony A1, D850, D5, D810, D800E, Sony Nex-7, Nikon D4S
Lenses: Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S,
Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, 24-70mm f/2.8, 14mm F2.8, 150-600MM, Macro Lenses

skmadapatu's gear list:skmadapatu's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z9 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow