Updated Photo Editing Build

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
sshapiro Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Re: Updated Photo Editing Build

Ho72 wrote:

sshapiro wrote:

For a case, I might reuse either a Cooler Master HAF XB Evo or Fractal Design Meshify C (no window version). The only limitation with either case is that neither of them have a front panel USB-C connection.

Take a look at the Phanteks P600S which I chose over Fractal Design. It checked all the boxes including no window and front panel USB-C. It also didn't hurt that it was on sale for a price I haven't seen since.

I am glad you mentioned the P600S case to me. I decided to get a bigger case and purchased the closed panel version of the P600S. I am very pleased with it. I added a couple of additional drive cages and installed four Toshiba enterprise drives along with four Samsung SSDs in a tiered storage configuration with Storage Spaces. The performance is excellent, and everything runs cool and quiet.

I am waiting for delivery of an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm liquid cooler, to replace my Noctua NH-D15, so I can use a riser cable to move the graphics card into a vertical position and free up a couple of PCI Express slots.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow