Completing my A-Mount Transition - A7IV + LA-EA5 questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Inunacho New Member • Posts: 23
Completing my A-Mount Transition - A7IV + LA-EA5 questions

Hello all.  At the moment I have an A7SII and LA-EA4 combo that I use with my old Minolta and Sony A mount lenses.  Its nothing special but it allowed me to carry on with my lenses when my A99 finally gave out.

That being said I plan to purchase the A7IV and LA-EA5 within the next month or two.  I have a couple of questions regarding this setup.

1. My regular zoom is the rather Plain Jane A Mount 28-75 2.8 SAM.  I'm thinking of bumping up the zoom performance here but I noticed all the Native E zooms in this range are a bit pricey in my opinion.  Is the older A Mount 24-70 ZA a good alternative with the LA-EA5?

2. What is the screw driven performance like in comparison to the A99?  I just want to be prepped on shooting with lenses like the 80-200 G HS.

3. I noticed that the 5 doesn't have a tripod mount like my 4.  Is it stronger than the 4 in terms of weight distribution or should I look for a third party mount for it?

Any other little tidbits I should know about the A7IV + LA-EA5 combo?  Thanks!

Sony a7 IV Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow