A7r2 IBIS does nothing - what am I doing wrong?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kathala
kathala Regular Member • Posts: 139
A7r2 IBIS does nothing - what am I doing wrong?

Hello everyone,

I have been using the camera with both a 10mm and a 400mm manual lens and set the IBIS accordingly in the camera menu. I can feel it being active and "grabbing" the sensor - but images at 1/6s with the 10mm and 1/350s with the 400mm routinely come out blurred. That blur is due to camera shake, without any doubt - not subject movement.

I have been taking pictures for 20+ years, so I know how to hold a camera, how to position myself, and how to trigger the shutter without shaking the camera. I have typically managed about 1 stop better than 1/shutter speed. And yet with the 7r2 I get nothing I wouldn't get without any IBIS at all.

The promised 4.5 EV would give 2s with the 10mm and 1/20s with the 400mm. In reality, if I try such speeds, 0% of my pictures are usable.

I have set the focal length correctly, and even deactivated the mechanical shutter - no improvement. I have found no other pointers or settings. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

- Photography Reference Tables:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aJ5F8XM6t5AK4bydthcDoiwhsh5CUx3N
- My Art and Books: ChristianSchnalzger.de
- My Exploration of Panoramic Photographic Storytelling:
flickr.com/photos/hach_und_ueberhaupt/
The better you look, the more you see (B. E. Ellis)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow