New A7c owner, from a6000: dump all my APS-C lenses for FF?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pelbaya Junior Member • Posts: 37
New A7c owner, from a6000: dump all my APS-C lenses for FF?

Hi all,

I recently moved to full frame. With that, I decided to purchase one of the compact 24mm f2.8 FE lens and I love it.

But I still have these lenses from my APS-C time:

Sony 16-55 f2.8 G

Sony 70-350 f4.5/6.3 G

Both are fantastic lenses, even with the A7c. As you know, the downside is my pictures are max 10mp, to compensate for the crop.

After having a few occasions to try the APS-C lenses, they seem to perform very well on the A7C.

I do not want to spend a fortune for expensive FF glass but I am willing to upgrade to benefit the full sensor. On the other hand, I am torn between risking to have a lower quality lens than what I am used to.

For example: the Sony 16-55 is brilliant. To keep the size smallish and stay within my budget, the only lenses I would consider are the Tamron or Sigma 28-70/75. I hear the sigma 24-70 is great but bulky and heavy.

On the telephoto side, the 70-350 is also excellent, giving me a fov equivalent of 105mm to 525mm. With my budget restrictions, I am considering the FE Sigma 100-400 (though I am concerned about the AF speed as I use it for photographing my son’s soccer games). 
My question:

Is it better to keep my quality APS-C glass with 10mp pictures ? 
Or will I see I big improvement in IQ with FF glass, even if it is lower quality.

I occasionally print on small 4x6, 5x7, sometimes 8x10.

Cheers!

Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow