EOS R7 + EF-S 15-85mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens Limitations

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Karpath Junior Member • Posts: 26
EOS R7 + EF-S 15-85mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens Limitations

Hello everyone

I currently look into upgrading my 12 year old Rebel T2i (EOS 550D) to an EOS R7.

As a hobby photographer, the main reasons I decided to stick with an APS-C sensor is the lower price and weight of the body and (hopefully upcoming) RF-S lenses, and the additional reach for shooting birds and other small or far away animals.

And of course keep using my old EF-S lenses also is a big reason. My main "everyday - walk around" lens is the EF-S 15-85mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM and I discovered that there are some potential limitations with this lens when using it on the R7. I want to collect those in this thread, for other users that want to use the same combination, at least as long as no RF-S alternatives are there.

So according to this site: Canon : Supplemental Information

I assume that these are some verified limitations with this body/lens combination:

• Lens not mentioned in Focus Bracketing Compatibility List
  • Lens not mentioned in Exposure+DOF Display Simulation Compatibility List
  • Lens not mentioned in More Effective Stabilization List
  • Lens not mentioned in Electronic full-time MF List
  • Lens mentioned in Maximum High-Speed Continuous Shooting Speed as "Not Supported"
  • Lens not mentioned in Panning Mode Compatibility List

According to this thread: IS malfunctioning? (EOS R7 + EF-S 15-85mm)

the lens might be more affected by shutter shock, but this seems to be just an assumption and not varified (and can be avoided by using EFCS).

Does anyone know more limitations? Or does anyone even have this body/lens combination and can test the limitations that are listed above?

Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow