Sigma 24-70 f2.8 or Sony 24-105 f4 for shooting photo/video at conventions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KetchupNinja New Member • Posts: 4
Sigma 24-70 f2.8 or Sony 24-105 f4 for shooting photo/video at conventions?

I'm currently looking at these two lenses as my sole lens to carry in and outside conventions centers.  I've mostly been a video shooter but I've slowly transitioned into doing more and more photography these days. The only problem is, I currently only own the 1st generation A7s which has no IBIS.

Most of what I'm shooting are portraits and group photos of costume go'ers and video walk arounds of booths and the general area.  I've been eyeing the Sony 24-105 as the AF is fast and it has OSS; only drawback being slow at f/4.  The Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 would be ideal for indoors but not having OSS is why I am a little hesitant.

My gut is telling me to get the Sigma as I do plan on upgrading my camera, but that not happening until at least another year.

KetchupNinja's gear list:KetchupNinja's gear list
Sony a7S Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8
Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow