question about an old e-p5 I just bought

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
moinmiami Forum Member • Posts: 84
question about an old e-p5 I just bought

It all seems to work fine. But. While shooting, sometimes the lcd switches to what is a 10x mode (this is marked in the lower left hand corner in red), an image blown up appears, very grainy, seems like it is trying to focus peak? And there are four arrows to the sides and top and bottom in red. It lasts a few moments, then the lcd goes back to normal.

I've been going through the manual. I can't find what it is. Maybe the owner before me set something up that I can't find.

It happens just while scanning around looking for a next shot. I don't press any buttons or move any dials. Seems automatic.

Can someone please tell me what this is? Does the camera just scan this way? Is there a way to turn it off. It isn't helping me with anything.

I think the image stabilization comes on too. I hear that whirring sound.

ok. thanks for help.

m

ps on this new to me body...It's heavier than I thought it would be. It feels solid and good. All the buttons and dials work as advertised. Been playing with a few fixed focal length lenses. Very nice image quality. At first it seemed slow, but I set up all the options to suit what I like, and updated firmware to 1.8 and it seems much better. Maybe I'm just getting used to it?

Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow