Question fro Macro shooters on the R5.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JayLT4 Regular Member • Posts: 265
Re: R5 and Laowa 100

JustUs7 wrote:

JayLT4 wrote:

Emile15 wrote:

For a recent example using the R5 and the Laowa 100 2x see https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66296682, which uses focus increment 10, Exposure smoothing for 30 images, and only gets a few mm of depth. Next time I’ll try 200 shots.

Howe did you use the focus bracketing with that lens? I thought the Laowa 100mm was a manual focus lens only?

That would be why it didn’t work. Although I’m surprised it went through the motions. I’ve never used an incompatible lens. Kind of assumed the menu option would be greyed out if it wasn’t compatible with the feature.

Yep, I just tried it with one of my manual focus lenses, it just takes a bunch of the same shot.  Agreed though, kind of odd that Canon would even let the option be available when a lens that does not support AF is mounted.

-- hide signature --
 JayLT4's gear list:JayLT4's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow