16-80 or 18-140

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bgalakazam New Member • Posts: 10
16-80 or 18-140

I am looking to downsize our footprint when traveling. With children it’s very difficult to have both adults with cameras while still using iphones. I found for wide we always take out the iphones. My wife has a kit lens D3400 and I have a Leica M 240 with a 50 sumicron and 90 sumarit. Recently sold 28 elmarit due to always using phone.

I plan to sell the leica as we only lack tele with our setup. That leaves me with either getting a 4/3 or 1” small camera for around $1,000 or get a lens upgrade for the D3400. I rarely use the 90mm on the leica so I don’t need much more. That leaves me between the two lenses in the title. The 140 is under $300 used and the 80 is under $600.

I’ll be shooting raw most likely and the camera will be used for travel to accompany iphone. Any reason to spend the extra money on the 80?

bgalakazam's gear list:bgalakazam's gear list
Canon EOS RP Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Apple iPhone 13 mini +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3 Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow