OM-1 Record Right After Changing Focus Target Location

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
willsterstyle New Member • Posts: 5
OM-1 Record Right After Changing Focus Target Location

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile but in talking to other owners, I haven't been able to isolate what might be going on.

Here's what I'm seeing:

1. Switch to video mode (A, C-AF, 4K 60L-10, M-IS1, Face & Eye detect, AF Target mode set to small)
  2. Use your joystick to change the focus location from the default to somewhere else
  3. Press the REC button (default red button).

When I turn on the camera and test this, the record doesn't actually start. This is where I've missed plenty of shots because I realized that I needed to cancel out of the AF target box moving by half pressing the shutter.

I spoke to another user and he said he doesn't see this problem at all. Like the EM-1 III, the expected behaviour is that even though you might have just changed the AF target location, hitting the record button should always start the recording right away.

I've tried a full reset and it didn't fix the issue.

The bizarre thing is that sometimes I've gotten it to work and other times where it just doesn't work. It's almost like after the camera's been on for awhile, it works.

I just want to make sure I'm not crazy and that others are seeing the same behaviour. If so, I imagine this is some sort of firmware fix.

Otherwise, it could be something wrong with my particular unit.

Thanks in advance!

willsterstyle's gear list:willsterstyle's gear list
OM-1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica DG 10-25mm F1.7
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow