Nikon FTZ Tamron 70-210 f/4 Major issues

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CoastDivision New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon FTZ Tamron 70-210 f/4 Major issues

Hello,

I bought an FTZ and a new Tamron 70-210 f/4 last September to go with my new Z5 as my telephoto lens. Unfortunately, when it arrived it didn’t work so I bought the tap-in console and updated the firmware on the 70-210 to a Z-compatible version. When I tried it at first it worked, took some test shots and everything was fine. The next day when I take it out I start seeing the same error as when I first used the lens before the firmware update, “Error, Release Shutter to Reset”. I tried updating the firmware again but the same problem occurred so I sent it to Tamron for repair and they ended up doing “FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED”. When I got the lens back it started working again for the first few days, but of course, when I went on a trip with it stopped working again. Since then, it will randomly work around 10% of the time and the rest shows the same error message “Error, Release Shutter to Reset”

I recently sent my FTZ to Nikon for repair and when I got it back the technician's note says “We could not replicate the error you described and it works on Nikon equipment”

I once again updated my camera firmware, ftz firmware, and lens firmware and yet I still get the same error message.

I doubt my Z5 is the issue as it works perfectly fine with my 24-70 f/4 and I have never had issues with it. I have tried everything I can to fix it, non CPU lens data, manual focus, re-attaching the lens to the ftz and the camera, cleaning the electrical contacts and nothing works.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have a trip coming up again very soon.

Thanks,

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow