I dropped my A7IV and now I'm scared

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
icantbelieveidroppedmya7iv New Member • Posts: 1
I dropped my A7IV and now I'm scared

Technically, it fell out of my bag, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

I have an A7IV with the original 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached that normally lives in my backpack until it's used. I went to pick up my backpack (Peak Design Everyday Zip) off of my desk and was met with a loud bang... as it turned out, the zippers weren't closed all the way and the loud bang was the result of my camera and attached lens falling out!

The drop itself couldn't have been more than a foot to a foot-and-a-half tops. I still have plenty more testing to do on both camera and lens, but so far the camera seems to be working okay. However my lens is now having trouble focusing from 3-5 feet away; it does this weird hyper-stuttering and can't focus on anything in that range.

I've owned several other cameras and have never dropped any of them, and I am so mad at myself for not checking my backpack's zippers, and I'm so scared of having to repair/replace my gear as I'm not financially in a position to do either for quite some time. 

Looking for advice/feedback on what to do now. Thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow