New to RX100s (the VI, specifically) - any general advice?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LorneBMT Junior Member • Posts: 40
New to RX100s (the VI, specifically) - any general advice?

Hey there,

With my Canon g9x II having gotten dust on its sensor, I decided to replace it, and have just picked up an RX100 VI for what seemed like a sweet price on eBay ($500 CDN aka ~$400 USD).  I was a little hesitant, as all the digital cameras I've had to this point have been Canons (A720, S95, g9x II) with which I've been very happy, and I know there are many on this site who don't care for the RX100s and Sony's menu system.

But I also know there are many out here who swear by them, and I decided to take my chances.

I'm sure that as I start to work with it, I'll have more specific questions, but in the mean time, is there any general advice you would care to give, or sources/videos you would recommend for familiarizing oneself with its functionality?

By and large, I'll be focusing on JPEGS, at least at first, and have tended to use aperture priority on my Canons, and would like to see what I can do with low light (though I know that's not the forte of this model).

Thanks,

LBMT

LorneBMT's gear list:LorneBMT's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon G9 X II
Canon G9 X Canon G9 X II Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow