Any new affordable APS-C DSLRs on the horizon?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
kypfer Contributing Member • Posts: 892
Re: Any new affordable APS-C DSLRs on the horizon?

krambjorn wrote:

Hi,

Only Pentax APS-C cameras available in Sweden right now are the too expensive (for me) K-3 III at $2100 and the six(!) years old K-70, which still goes for around $750 - $800.

So, is there anything new coming out, in a reasonable hobbyist price range, or is the only option to switch brands?

/Krambjörn

The only Pentax-branded APS-C cameras available anywhere, except possibly a few left-over "new-old-stock" KPs, are the K-70 and the K-3iii.

And what would you expect that could be "better" than what the K-70 offers for less money … especially if you already have a commitment of Pentax-fit lenses?

Having used the K-70 extensively for over a year before I "upgraded" to a KP I know from experience that there's very little the K-70 can't do if the photographer knows what he's doing!

The very fact that the K-70 design is now 6 years old simply reflects how well it was designed in the first place … it no way implies that it needs to be replaced!

Pentax have declared their ongoing commitment to the DSLR concept, complete with optical viewfinder, so I feel there's very little chance of any dreams of a mirrorless body with EVF and full-function adaptor to support K-mount lenses ever becoming a reality … the designing of a whole new range of lenses to support this new body concept would be a major stumbling block before anything else!

kypfer's gear list:kypfer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax *ist DS Pentax *ist DL2 Pentax K200D Samsung NX5 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow