Used camera stabilized for street photography and video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
barbara j Contributing Member • Posts: 622
Re: Used camera stabilized for street photography and video

JonSnow92 wrote:

Hi all

I’m looking for a used camera for street photography and videos.

I found the panasonic gx9 / gx8 / gx80 or olympus om-d e-m10 mark III, only on the web, i never seen or used one of these camera in first person.

I’m a “holiday photographer” not a professional. I’ll use this camera on holidays or mountain trails or something like this.

I have a gx9. A long time friend of mine, cynthia-rettig.com, shoots a gx8. She always has it with her. For exhibition she typically shoots film, but for instagram, gx8 right out of the camera.

The gx8 and gx9 are smaller, range-finder style cameras. I bought mine because I prefer smaller, less obvious cameras, and because I could understand the menu logic. If you have larger hands a smaller camera will take some getting used to. Fortunately, smart phones have accustomed us to slippery stuff. :D)

Same friend with gx8 , @ttknowsvintage is in South Africa right now. Her insta is posted right out of the camera if you want to see samples.

-- hide signature --

@luredbylight

barbara j's gear list:barbara j's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow