Eastern Veil with L-eNhance

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andresch Regular Member • Posts: 188
Eastern Veil with L-eNhance

Wikipedia says there is an inverse to Murphy's law, Yhprum's law: "Everything that can work, will work". I think I may have proved it recently
I set up for testing the L-eNhance without much expectation. PA in 3 minutes, lucky punch. Guiding settled on 0.4" RMS, never seen that number before. Newt held the focus the whole night. No gradient to speak of in any sub. Low noise despite no darkframes.  Best of all, same thing in the second night! 
I guess seeing was quite good and the visability was geat. I was blown away at how good the L-eNhance cuts trough the twilight of the short summer nights!

NGC 6992, NGC 6995, Nikon D5500, 150/750 Newtonian, 88x300s, L-eNhance

Pocessing was done like a broadband image, i still have to learn this clever channel extraction and recombination thing. For a test image i am quite happy tough.
The veil nebula is a fascinnating object. I think i will spend some more time in this area, although I fear my luck will not hold and I am back to mount hiccups, gradient hell and hour long Bahtinov pictures all too soon...
Thanks for looking and clear skies
Chris

andresch's gear list:andresch's gear list
Nikon D5500 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D5500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow