Lighting a cloudy day fashion shoot with Profoto A1 - advice needed

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Liiszu New Member • Posts: 10
Lighting a cloudy day fashion shoot with Profoto A1 - advice needed

Hey guys,

I am unexpectedly shooting a lookbook in two days (I work for a fashion brand but the main photographer is on holiday) and while I have loads of experience in shooting in natural light, I am pretty new to using artificial light. The look is high summer, young trendy women’s clothes, so think loads of colour, contrast, pop. Locations are beach volley court and a boat. Problem is, it is probably going to be an overcast day…

I’ve got a Profoto A1 flash which I am planning to use to add a little more directional light and create sharper shadows. But I’d like to get some advice from you guys: how would you create a summery look with this flash? Flash on-camera or off? Follow the direction of the sun? Colour grade to warm tones? What would you do? It is my first big job for them and I don’t want to fail. Any advice is welcome.

PS: this is a huge opportunity for me, so I don't want to mess it up.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow