Anybody still carry a real camera in the bicycle jersey and if so, what?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geepondy Senior Member • Posts: 2,270
Anybody still carry a real camera in the bicycle jersey and if so, what?

I used to carry an old Canon Elph but like many, I just carry my iphone now when bicycling.  But there are times I would like a little zoom and also cumbersome to take out the iphone with the touch interface that doesn't work so well with  sweaty hands and set up to take a photo.  I just want to push a physical button to turn it on, zoom lever if necessary and just take the photo.

Was looking at what I had on hand.  The G7X is a good choice and although it fits in the jersey pocket, is just too bulky, heavy and uncomfortable to carry in the rear jersey pocket while cycling.  On the other hand, I still have my 2011 S100 which is a more comfortable carry but in looking at the photo quality, obviously the G7X trounces it and I think the iphone does as well.

So I'm wondering if any cyclist reads this and still carries a camera, what might that be?  Am considering and Olympic TG-6, which I also could use for stormy weather and I would finally have a macro camera again.

geepondy's gear list:geepondy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G7 X II
Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow