Getting it right in camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nigvo
Nigvo Regular Member • Posts: 319
Getting it right in camera

I was near Florence in Fiesole for work, and afterwards I had some free time to look around.

I decided to pair my high tech. Z7 with its good IBIS, viewfinder level, with an old Nikon 28mm PC that does not even transmit aperture information. But it makes composition much easier if you do not have to allow space for fixing the verticals in post.

I usually use my shift lenses on a tripod. But using the 28PC worked out quite well, and is great for those places where tripods are not allowed. Knowing what I saw in the viewfinder was the final framing was a big plus. The Z IBIS is really good if you take care with your shot technique.

The old 28PC is quite cheap on Ebay and if you like architecture it is well worth seeking out. It a whole different experience, compared to fixing it in post and with the Z7 (or any Z ) you do not lose mobility.

Badia di Fiesole

Duomo di Fiesole

-- hide signature --

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
- Niccolo` Machiavelli.
https://nigelvoak.blogspot.com/

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow