Image artifact - flaw or dust? 90mm/F2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
silversportsman Junior Member • Posts: 45
Image artifact - flaw or dust? 90mm/F2

I wondered if anyone has experience with recognizing image artifacts caused by dust, or flaws, or any other anomaly that would cause the type of image artifact in the picture below. I have taken several thousand pictures with this lens mounted on my X-S10, and have never seen this until recently. However, being new to mirrorless I have been capturing images and deleting them almost immediately as I am still getting to know the equipment.

The first picture shows the artifact plainly just left of center in the image. The second shows it but much more subtle. Obviously, many images with busier content make it almost impossible to see. I regularly use a dust blower on the lens and there is nothing visible to the naked eye.

Could anyone suggest a way to determine if this is a flaw or possibly dust on the interior of the lens? Is there a particular background that would bring this artifact more consistently?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

silversportsman's gear list:silversportsman's gear list
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS XF 90mm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow