RF adapted Tamron 150-600

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c h u n k
c h u n k Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
RF adapted Tamron 150-600

Tamron 150-600 original on RF users??

Tamron offers some update for the original Tamron 150-600 but it worked fine on my R6 so I havent bothered with it. I did have some issues with it on my R7 yesterday.

Sometimes it focused and tracked fine so it wasnt all bad, but ---

A few times I had eagle right under focal point, hit focus and the focus just went right through eagle or way off to the point I couldnt even see the eagle in VF to get it back. Completely missed the shot several times. The first few was my fault - I had subject to detect human. Duh. But a couple times I really dont think I did anything wrong. I set the focus limiter on the lens which seemed to help and, oddly, when I set it to electronic shutter, it seemed to find focus better too, but that may have been coincidence. It focuses very reliably with static subjects.

*****I plan on calling Tamron tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone has experience with that lens, in RF mount with experience of before and after sending it in for the update. *******

-- hide signature --

Some of my photos here: https://flic.kr/ps/2i6XL3
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” --Dr. Seuss

c h u n k's gear list:c h u n k's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7 Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow