Looking for advice on wireless connectivity on A7iv

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mlevin77 Junior Member • Posts: 36
Looking for advice on wireless connectivity on A7iv

I just got my A7iv and am looking for some advice as to whether the following is possible, and if so, how.

My best case dream scenario is that my camera dumps images into a Dropbox folder, but doesn't keep the wifi on all the time. So what I'd love is to set one of the buttons on the camera such that when I press it, it will turn on wifi, sync to Dropbox whatever new images haven't already been uploaded, and then turn off the wifi.

If that's asking too much, maybe I can set one of the buttons to toggle wifi (or 2 buttons, to turn it on/off without having to go into the LCD menu) and another to upload the images.

Is that possible? Is there an app that will upload to Dropbox? If not, what other options are there to easily transfer the images off the camera while there is wifi or via BT through my phone (which does have Dropbox client, but I don't really want my phone filling up with all the large image files).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow