Buying advises: second camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eleneithel New Member • Posts: 4
Buying advises: second camera

Hi everyone,
I am currently thinking about buying an old X-Trans II camera (X-T1, X-T10 or X-E2) and I would some advice to determine which of these bodies would better pair with an XF27 lens.
For a bit of context: I am the current happy owner of an X-T30 involved in medieval reenactment. It is a pleasure to bring my X-T30 to take pictures of our medieval adventures, but I am always a bit in fear of having my camera either damaged by bad weather or stolen.

Thus I would like to buy a used (and cheaper) X-Trans II body coupled with a Fujinon XF27mm Mk II lens (as primary lens) to serve as a "beater" travel camera for those more riskier activities.

I previously bought a X70 for that purpose, but the different battery (compared to the X-T30) is an inconvenience for me and (from what little practical experience I have) I seem to favor longer focal length than the 18mm of the X70.

An older X100 (X100S or X100T) could have been a solution, but I think that I would like to keep the ability to change lens (and perhaps play with the apparent rendering differences between the X-Trans II and X-Trans IV sensors).

I guess that an X-T1 would be rugged enough for that purpose, but would it be a good pairing with an XF27 since it is an heavier and bigger body than either the X-T10 or the X-E2 ?
Thanks in advance for your help !

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow