M 240 Focus Peaking Barely Works

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,575
M 240 Focus Peaking Barely Works

I have owned a larger number of different Fuji, Panasonic, and Olympus digital cameras and am no stranger to peaking. On just about all of those cameras, the peaking is so good, that using manual focus lenses is a piece of cake.

I bought my used M 240 without any expectation of ever using Live View, the Focus Aid (magnification), or Peaking. But having the 240, which is the next step up from my M9, I did explore Live View. At first, I thought the peaking on my M 240 was broken until I finally got peaking to barely show when focusing in on a Fruit2O bottle as a test subject. Tried red, blue, and green peaking colors with the same poor results.

Is there something I'm missing here or could it perhaps have something to do with two Voigtlander lenses I'm using? I tried using peaking to focus on a number of different subjects that I used it the past to test newly acquired manual lenses and no luck.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
- Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow