My kit - EM5 Miii (4 lenses with samples)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
helgimann
helgimann New Member • Posts: 19
My kit - EM5 Miii (4 lenses with samples)

I had to post my experience of switching from Canon DSLR to the MFT system, starting with Pana and ending up with my #olympuspassion.After lugging around my ever so sturdy Canon for many years I came to find that I kept leaving it at home for too many occasions. So size was my main reason for jumping to MFT.Initially I got the Pana GX9. A beautiful camera and VERY good compared to it’s size and class. Punches well above its weight, BUT. I never liked the ergonomics, the viewfinder position (or quality) and missed weather sealing as I shoot a lot outdoors and live in Iceland.For me, the G9 was the obvious choice but I found it too big and clunky compared to the beautiful Olympus EM5 Miii and all the great tech it had such as focus stacking, live composite mode, bulb for night shooting and best of all, the great in camera stabilization.So I ended up buying the EM5 Miii and currently have the

1. 20mm F1.4 PRO (weather-sealed)
  2. 45mm F1.8
  3. 8-25mm F4 PRO (weather-sealed)
  4. 14-150mm F4-5.6

When I was trying to decide on buying I would have liked to see real photos of the kit as well as sizes of the lenses so here they come.I included a few samples of what I get out of each lens.My most used are in this order.

1. The 20mm
  2. 8-25mm
  3. 14-150mm
  4. 45mm

That being said, the 45mm is a gem and gives you almost flawless photos everytime but for me, the tight FOV is limiting alot of the time and I love shooting travel, landscape and more an all around documentary style photography.The following are samples from the lenses, all taken on the EM5 - Miii.

45mm

45mm

8-25mm

8-25mm

8-25mm

20mm

20mm

20mm

20mm

14-150mm

14-150mm

14-150mm

14-150mm

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow