Resale value of M43 gear

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrWu
DrWu Contributing Member • Posts: 644
Resale value of M43 gear

"Limit your tools, focus on one thing and just make it work" as the the motto of Brian Eno school of thinking goes. So I decided to limit my gear radically and to get rid of all the least used or needless M43-gear that I had accumulated since I bought Pen E-P2 about 12 years  ago if I remember correctly. I had a look at my Lightroom catalogue from the last three years and noticed that practically I had used only 6 lenses out of 10 that I had.  So I sold my M.Zuiko 75mm f1.8 for 420€, M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 for 240€, M.Zuiko 45mm for 170€ and M.Zuiko 40–150mm R f4-5.4 for 90€.

On top of that I sold my 6 years old Pen-F for 550€ and Ricoh GRIII for 630€. I kept both my old Sigma Merrills DP1M and DP2M, because they are not worth much anymore and strange pieces of equipment. For sentimental reasons I kept also my very first M43-camera Pen E-P2, which like Sigmas is not worth much.

It took only about 6 weeks when all was gone... All were bought by different people. Maybe I asked too little...? Anyway I am happy now. In total I got 2100€ but money never lingers long time in my pockets and so I bought a second-hand OM-1 with extra battery and over 5 years warranty for 2070€. Very happy end:)

So now I am using two bodies (E-M1MkII and OM-1) with six lenses – M.Zuikos 17mm f1.2, 25mm f 1.2, 60mm f2.8. macro, 8–25mm F4, 12–100mm f4 and Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f0.95.

OK... maybe I haven´t quite yet reached what Brian Eno had in mind but at least I am focusing only on one system now.

Pekka

DrWu's gear list:DrWu's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus E-M1 II OM-1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 +5 more
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN-F Ricoh GR III Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow