Long time, no see PL100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marko_Finland
Marko_Finland Senior Member • Posts: 1,458
Long time, no see PL100-400

Had some time on my hands over the weekend, so installed the new firmware to OM1 and headed to the woods to try it out. Thought I'd also wipe the dust of the PL100-400 and see how well it plays with the camera.

I've had the lens for about three years but it has not seen that much use since getting the 300mm f4. It's my second copy as the first one developed a couple of issues and was replaced two years ago. The first one was pretty much flawless but I've no major complaints about the replacement either even though it's not optically quite the match for the first.

The outing reminded me that the lens is certainly adequately sharp across the fl range, but what I really do like about it is how nicely it deals with the out of focus areas. There is very little of the harshness of the 300mm f4.

ISO1250-1600 used. Files cleaned up with ON1.

First a few willow warblers:

Only the head of the bird is still, rest is very wiggly.

And then some sandpipers:

Marko

Marko_Finland's gear list:Marko_Finland's gear list
OM-1 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 25mm F1.2 Panasonic 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 II +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow