LUMIX s5 or Nikon z6 ii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrZer0 Forum Member • Posts: 79
LUMIX s5 or Nikon z6 ii

Hello All.

I am a casual photographer, who wants to improve his photography skills in the upcoming year or so.

i used to have canon 60d for about 7 years. I sold it and bought Nikon z5. My friend bought it from me a while back. I experimented a little bit of all genre of photography actively for 6 months using the 24-200 Lens with Nikon z5.

i now have budget to buy either nikon z 6 ii with 24-120 and I also see Panasonic s5 on sale  with these options

1) s5 + 20-60

2) s5 + 24-105

with option 1, I have a choice to buy either the 50 mm or 85 mm f/1.8 prime bundled. From a price option, all these will still be cheaper than the Nikon z6 ii and 24-120

i tried out both camera. I felt 24-105 of the Panasonic to be very heavy mounted on s5 as compared to Nikon combo.

I’m mostly looking for photos of people and landscapes. I also love macro. Wildlife turns out to be too expensive because of Lens cost so I don’t see myself doing it and probably due to lack of opportunities or travel.

the weight and the lesser af points of s5 is putting me off the purchase. I don’t think having fewer af points will affect my style of photography much. 
what do you guys think and suggest?

Canon EOS 60D Canon PowerShot S5 IS Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NFE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow