What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Be_the_change New Member • Posts: 21
Re: What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Hi,

Thanks for the post. Think we are in a similar situation.  I have an xt3 and xt1 so I would potentially have to upgrade my Fuji body to xt4 or xh2 to get OIS for 16-55 (f2.8) and 56 1.2.

When I look at costs of buying another Fuji body and lenses, it seems similar to a new Ff and mid-range f4 zoom.  I have given thought to Sony because the AF seems strong but I like to use a mixture of jpegs and raw files, so I am not sure whether I will like Sony jpgs.  I have a Nikon d7000 and looked at Nikon Z and overall I really like the way the Nikons look.  Fuji has a great tactile experience that really has helped me learn.  I like it more than the mirrorless dslr style bodies.

Taking photos for me is a combination of the experience of taking the photos (and I like the Fuji experience) and the results (which is what pushes me to FF - low light, more DR, mp for cropping flexibility).  It is tough to decide which system is best or whether all systems are good enough so I should just redirect my energy to improving my skills.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow