F1 Professional photographer's gears

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sinawang Forum Member • Posts: 80
F1 Professional photographer's gears

I just watched latest Vladimir Rys video showing the gears he brings to the field. I see all prime lenses with 1DXIII & R3 but only single RF lens (RF 85/1.2 L), the rest of the lenses are old EF mount lenses. For supafast action with old lenses? Let me hold your beer, Sir..

https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/premium/photography/news/whats-in-your-bag-vladimir-rys?related=vladimir-rys

This opens my mind and got me thinking, Why bother with the urgency of RF lenses as amateurs or enthusiast while professional still working in a split second action to follow by split second decision with relatively slower & underrated old EF lenses rather than with newer & faster RF lenses to make money?

What I take from that video is "Lenses stay! Camera body can come and go.." High grade lenses to be certain.

Sinawang's gear list:Sinawang's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L +3 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow