Israel/Jordan travel advice anyone?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RicardoH New Member • Posts: 7
Israel/Jordan travel advice anyone?

Hi everyone,

I'll be visiting Israel and Jordan in about two months. I'll be with an organized group and will visit the most "touristy" places from both countries. I'll be in Israel seven days and three days in Jordan. The crossing from Israel to Jordan will be by bus through the Sheik Hussein bridge.

I think I'm covered gearwise with a Canon R6 and Canon RP. As for lenses, I'll bring my RF 14-35L f/4 and either an RF 24-105 STM or RF 24-240 STM.

I've read contradicting posts on the Internet about bringing telephoto lenses to Jordan, such as the 100-400. Some people say there's no problem, others said they had problems bringing telephoto lenses to Jordan. I'll be traveling by bus from Israel to Jordan so I'm sure I'll have my bags checked at the border control. I don't think there will be a problem if I bring the 24-240 STM but the 100-400 will stay at home (to be honest, I don't think I'd use it that much in a trip like this).

Could those who have visited these places give me some advice? Do you guys think I should carry a prime for low light situations inside churches, for example? I own an RF 50mm f/1.8 and an RF 85mm f/2. Would you bring both or just one? Which one?

Thanks in advance.

RicardoH's gear list:RicardoH's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow