Z6ii sharper images help.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shooter McFly New Member • Posts: 16
Z6ii sharper images help.

Hello all, thank you for taking the time out to read this. I purchased a z6ii at the beginning of the year and don't have any previous experience except 4 years of photography in high school but that was 25 years ago... I had fun with it then and wanted to get back into it. Experience could very well be the issue here and I'm fine with that as an answer. Originally the z 6ii I got was intended for astrophotography and didn't consider it for anything else, however after having the camera for a while astro isn't as high on the list like I thought it would and really only applies to me in the winter so I don't have to stay up so late, now I find myself using the camera much more than I anticipated in day light for landscape, architecture, everything really and it's a lot of fun. The images I've taken are sharp especially after a bit of modification in LRC but I feel like images are still lacking a bit and are missing some pizazz and haven't taken anything I really find print worthy, maybe its just timing and location (probably) but I have found that the camera on my phone takes images that seem just as good with LRC edits which i feel shouldn't be the case. Currently I'm using the kit lens 24-70 f\4 and was considering the 20mm 1.8 Or any lens for that matter in hopes I could obtain that missing bit of sharpness/clarity I was looking for but it got me wondering, would purchasing the z 7 be a better option? with the 24-70 f4? Should I just keep the z 6ii and get a 24-70 f2.8? 14-24? 14-30 f4? Or would the 20mm prime be sufficient? Is that missing element obtained by a lens upgrade or is it the camera? Is 45mp that much better than 24.5? I've read tons of articles/reviews about this and am confused some say the 45mp is only for large prints and to not dwell on mp size which is how I came to purchase the z6ii but I've read recently that the 45mp produces better imagery regardless of the print size. I was going to buy the 20mm 1.8 today after reading great testing reviews and then this morning found an article saying the 20mm was just OK and that the 14-30 f/4 was way better. Perhaps I'm just crazy and over analyzing all these reviews and I should just get off the computer and just take better pics with the equipment I have? Again, thank you for reading and any insight that anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter McFly's gear list:Shooter McFly's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow