Odd spots in picture on E-M1 mk iii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mittskitts Contributing Member • Posts: 889
Odd spots in picture on E-M1 mk iii

I have an E-M1 mk iii, about 6 months old, which has a recent issue that concerns me.

I am getting circular spots in about the middle of the images at higher F stop settings (such as F10 or F11). This has happened with 2 different lenses, a 14-150 and a 12-50, on 2 different days. At first, I thought it was dirt on the rear element of the 14-150 and I blew off the lens and it seemed to go away. I also ran pixel mapping and turned the camera off and on several times to shake off the sensor, even thought the sensor looked clean. Today, I used the 12-50 on the same type of image (bird on wire against bright sky) and got it again, same pattern, same location. This concerns me that the sensor may be malfunctioning. (My first E-M1 abruptly developed a weird purple streak on the sensor after I had it about 4 weeks, and I exchanged it for a new camera. The second one has an earlier serial number and came with firmware 1.0, so I suspect it was old new stock. The current camera has been updated to firmware 1.5.)

Any ideas?

Mittskitts's gear list:Mittskitts's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus SH-50 Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus TG-6 Nikon Coolpix P950 +12 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow