What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Be_the_change New Member • Posts: 18
Re: What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Hi,

Thanks for the thoughts.  In response to comments:

-   I think the suggestion to figure out my desired future full frame system is a good one.  I have decided on full frame because I want better low light capability, shallower depth of field, and more megapixels for cropping and landscape.  I haven’t settled yet on a brand but maybe I need to.  Sony is tempting for better autofocus, but I wonder about colors and ergonomics.   Nikon seems to offer very strong z lenses but its autofocus seems not as strong.  I understand that any modern mirrorless full frame can take amazing photos and has trade offs. I am just not sure which one will be the best fit for me.  
- There was a suggestion to consider the Fuji 16-55.  I thought about it but I don’t want to throw good money after bad.  If I know I eventually want to move to FF, I thought it would be good to invest in FF lenses.  I am moving away from Fuji because I am not too excited about the future offerings.  The FF camera seems close to the same weight and I am willing to pay more and carry slightly more weight for full-frame.  I will likely keep my Fuji camera and some Fuji lenses even once I move on to my next main camera body.  
- There was a post about Sony.  Thank you for sharing the ideas and potential lenses.  If I do go Sony, I will definitely consider the info you shared.

thanks all

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow