Scanning old negs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimKasson
MOD JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 39,067
Scanning old negs

I've been scanning some old negatives from the Alone in a Crowd series. Most of what I've scanned has never been printed, including the images in this post.

Starting in the mid-80s, my job took me to Europe several times a year and I often spent my weekends doing street photography. One rainy Sunday, I wandered into the train station in Zug, Switzerland. I wasn’t properly equipped for the low light levels, but I spent the afternoon there, bracing my folding Plaubel Makina against posts during the required quarter- to fifteenth-second exposures. When I developed the film, I found two images I liked. I was especially smitten with the motion blur in many of the images.

I decided to pursue this new photographic thread. Armed with more appropriate equipment, a Hasselblad 501c and a 40 mm lens, I tacked a week in England and a few days in France onto the end of a business trip, and exposed about 80 rolls of TX trying to see where this could go.

Gare de Lyon

Paddington Stn

Paddington Stn

Bristol Temple Meads

Paddington Stn

Bristol Temple Meads

Paddington Stn

Not sure where this is

Baker St tube station

Baker St tube station

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Leica Q2 Monochrom Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GFX 100S Nikon Z9 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow