Sony->Fuji? How light can you make a complete landscape kit? Too many kids.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johnpul New Member • Posts: 18
Sony->Fuji? How light can you make a complete landscape kit? Too many kids.

Recently found out that I have an unplanned kid on the way, and combined with other hungry mouths and dogs, my days of being able to carry around heavy/large lenses and tripods are going to be over or very limited for a few years.

Current kit:
A7R3: ((657 grams))
100-400 GM: ((1395 grams))
Sigma 24-70 f2.8 DG DN: ((835 grams))
Sigma 35mm f2: ((325 grams))
Sony 20mm f1.8: ((373 grams))

Total weight of lenses/camera 3585 grams or 8 pounds. Add more weight for filters, polarizers, tripod, head, etc.

I've been trying to figure out how I can lighten the above emount kit by at least half, yet keep good image quality, autofocus, and still keep the wides, mids, and long telephoto.

***I'm not convince the above is possible with staying with full frame.

I owned an X100F before and loved it.  I'm considering switching to the below comparable Fuji kit.
Fuji XT4 ((607 grams))
Fuji 70-300 ((580 grams))
Fuji 14mm f2.8 ((235 grams))
Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 ((309 grams))

Total weight of this Fuji kit is 1731 grams. Or essentially half. The XT4 also has superior ibis, with 1 second hand-holds possible. This could enable me to not use a tripod for things like long exposures of rivers, ocean, etc.  My concerns with the XT4 is losing at least some IQ, dynamic range, high iso etc.  But, how much does it really matter...

What is the best solution here?

Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow