Can the Eos R7 replace the 1dx and 5DS in one Camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Law New Member • Posts: 7
Can the Eos R7 replace the 1dx and 5DS in one Camera?

Hi,

i have Cameras for some individuell Tasks.

The 5DS is my Wildlife Camera, when i are in a Zoo or Something and when i wanna Crop a lot. The 50 Megapixels give me the Chance to do some good and detailled Pictures. Also when i do my Landscape Photography at planed Tours.

The 1DX is for Action and Sports, also for my running dog or something. The Autofocus is stunning and the Picturequality good enough.

Additionally i have a Eos RP for Travel, with the RF Lenses 24-105mm 4.0 L, 16mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 2.0 and RF 100-400, this is very Lightweight for go to and for my Animals inhouse at bad light.

Now I'm considering replacing the 5DS and 1DX with the new Eos R7. The autofocus including Animal Eye AF seems to outperform the 1DX.

The 32 MP on a crop sensor, could it make the 5ds superfluous? Sure, the noise behavior is APSC, but the 5ds was never known as a low light Camera. With the help of software, the images can be denoised very well up to IO 3200, and i hope with the Eos r7 this is comparable?

What are your thoughts on this? Does anyone have similar considerations for replacing older Cameras?

Are im on a wrong way or shut up and take my Money? When i sell my 5DS and the 1DX, im sure, that i can buy the Eos r7 for this Money, so at a financial Perspective this is no Problem.

Sorry for my English, i´m from Germany and i dont use much Englisch every day.

Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow