What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Be_the_change New Member • Posts: 17
What do you suggest? Apsc user who plans to move to FF eventually

Hi,

Would like to get some suggestions….my situation is that I am a Fuji apsc user with 2 bodies with several lenses (10-24, 16-80, 70-300, 50-140, 23, 35, 55-200).  I want to eventually move onto a FF system but I am not sure when or what system.  I have 2-3 gaps I am trying to solve for.  I don’t want to invest any more in Fuji lenses or accessories.  I would like to try adapting lenses to Fuji that I could eventually use on a FF system or dip a toe in FF by starting with a used body and building a lens collection.  My intent is to fill my gaps in a way that will transition with me when I move to FF.   Here are my gaps:

1. Mid range zoom:  I would like a stronger lens as I find the 16-80 soft.  I am open to adapting a lens like the Nikon 24-70 or considering other solutions.  I like primes but most of the time I end up using the 16-80 even though I don’t enjoy it.  It takes away from my wanting to grow my photography.  
2.  Wildlife zoom:  I would like a lens for birds and wildlife.  This isn’t a huge need but I like it for trips to national parks and birds in the neighborhood.  Would a Nikon 200-500 be a good choice to adapt?

3.  Portrait Prime:  I usually take portraits with the 50-140 lens which I really love along with the 35 1.4.  I would like an 85 or 105 portrait prime for occasional shots.

I am a hobbyist who enjoys the journey of taking pictures and learning.  I take photos of all sorts of subjects so I appreciate a versatile kit that can grow with me.

Thanks!

Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-N2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow