4th Month (June) Using the OM-1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 15,619
4th Month (June) Using the OM-1

I got the OM-1 early in March. I traded in my E-M1X and kept my E-M1 MkIII for a backup camera. So far, I haven't used the E-M1 MkIII since getting the OM-1. At the end of each month I posted a thread with a link to a Flickr album with the Straight Out of Camera photos I took with the OM-1. I usually try to post a few SOOC photos by WiFi to a smartphone and then on up to Facebook and Flickr. Just so I can be current. Otherwise, my workflow is to process the raw image file in DxO Pure RAW and then on to Lightroom Classic and then on to On1. Anyhow, with no update to DxO Pure Raw yet the photos are raw image files are continuing to collect on my computer hard-drive.

In June the big thing was attending renaissance faire. It was a great opportunity to photograph people. My kit was the 12-45/4.0, 40-150/4.0, 20/1.4, 45/1.2 and the 75/1.8 for the renaissance faire.

Another thing was a trip to Great Smoky Mountain National Park. My kit was the 12-45/4.0, 40-150/4.0, 20/1.4, 150-400/4.5 and just maybe the 8-15/4.0 (I don't think I used it but carried it).

Then there is couple of birding trips to the Falls of the Ohio State Park, which is a local place for me. There it was the 150-400/4.0.

Anyhow, I got 225 photos using the OM-1 in a Flickr album at: SOOC - June 2022 | Flickr

So far I am really enjoying using the camera.  Like any new camera I have to relearn a few things.  I am now using the joystick when reviewing my photos to move to the next photos.  I tried the front and rear dials, and they work better than the D-Pad and OK buttons.  Anyhow, new camera and new techniques to learn.  Still overall, the OM-1 has been a fantastic and fun camera.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II +46 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow